Monday, January 28, 2013

Out With The Old, In With The Not-So-New


I'm a shop-a-holic at heart, although lately I've really really tried to cut down (I swear!).

I remember my dad telling me ages ago when I first got a job and started earning money, that there will always be nice things out there and really think about what you're buying. Those words really ring true when I start to over stuff my mental wish list.

I've had this grey drop waist ASOS dress for a while now and have always been meaning to do something to it. While it looks nice in the elephant gray, can't really go wrong with that colour, I thought I'd spruce it up a bit and add some colour. Grey and pink is probably one of my fave colour combos.

The Tony Bianco shoes were bought for this purpose. I loved the toe cap look and nothing out there really stood out for me. I didn't want the boring metallic toe caps that every brand and copy-cat-brand brought out and at the time I couldn't find any with a colour combo that grabbed me. I decided to hit eBay and scored these brand new Tony Bianco shoes in white pearl for $60, these retails for $129.95, and the shoe paints I already had lying around.

I mixed some colours to get the desired nude blush for the body and just the right pink for the toe area. I was well chuffed with the result as the colours are very versatile for me and my wardrobe.

Dress: ASOS /  Shoes: Tony Bianco in Karr / Clutch: YSL Patent Belle Du Jour / Earrings: Purchased from Reebonz / Ring: YSL Arty Oval Ring in Rose Dragee

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with this dress!
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox