Friday, May 9, 2014

Lighter



I love dark coloured clothing/items as much as the next person, but as my inner motto has always been to try and create a point of interest in my outfits, I have always felt that anything dark would just blend in and become incognito. So for as long as I can remember, when I see something I like, I always see if they have it in a lighter colour. I guess for me, I gave the colour black a stigma that it's boring. I think it's stemmed from my love of handbags. Now unfortunately I have a champagne taste with a tap water budget when it comes to accessories, especially handbags. When I used to mull over what handbag I wanted, I never chose the colour black as I felt it was too boring and mainstream. I mean everyone has black handbags and I certainly didn't want to blend in (not that there's anything wrong with that!). Plus, I figured if you're going to spend a bit on an item, you would like it to stand out, right? Well, that's just my mentality, though that's not to say I don't have anything black.

Just lately I have been leaning a lot towards much lighter hued clothing. I'm loving that lighter tones are becoming for the colder seasons where previously it has been darker, richer jewelled tones. Give me the icy greys and pretty pastels anytime!

Have a lovely weekend!

Custom Made Leather Jacket via an eBay Seller
Grey Knit Top (Similar here)
DIY Flute Skirt
YSL Belle Du Jour Clutch (Similar here)
 YSL & Etsy Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox